- Leading off the latest news is a report from Franchise Times that Krispy Kreme has an operator signed to a ten store deal with eight units to open this year and two more slated for 2017.
- Not to be outdone by their competitors, Dunkin' Donuts also announced growth with a multi-store deal announced for two existing franchise groups to build out nine Dunkin' Donuts stores in Alabama. Half of the stores are slated for the Montgomery area with half in the Greater Birmingham area. That's also reported by Franchise Times.
Philadelphia will soon have more of the smells of hot baked cinnabon rolls with Cinnabon franchisee Sally Saad's committment to four additional locations in the Philadelphia market. Here first store will open in the remodeled Philadelphia Mills mall this fall.
- Sweet treats continue with Carvel announcing three new stores slated for South Florida by tthe first quarter of next year. .
- Arooga's Grill House and Sports Bar ha opened their first New York location as part of the multi-unit expansion they announced last year. This is the first of at least 10 locations planned for Long Island (Nassau/Suffolk Counties) and Queens borough of New York.
- Donatos Pizza signed a development deal for three new locations to the Illinois-Indiana-Kentucky tristate area over the next few years.
- Chicken Salad Chick restaurant, owned and operated by existing husband-and-wife, Becky Roland and Richard Meadows, alongside their son, David Roland, opened this month in Florida as a third location.
- Uncle Maddio's Pizza has signed a second franchisee for the Knoxville, Tennessee, area. The franchisees will open three Knoxville units, bringing the total number of units in the area to four. The first restaurant is slated to open in 2017.
- Dickey's Barbecues makes our growth list almost every time we publish an articel. They are announcing two new locations for North Texas and West Nebraska along with four planned locations to open in Traverse City and Kent County. The Great Lakes State is currently home to eight Dickey’s locations. The Traverse City store is slated to open by May 2017, and the other three will follow throughout Kent County.
- Hot Dogs are in the news as Charlie Graingers announces a 100 Store Deal & Eclipses 350 Franchise Commitments. Charlie Graingers Hot Dogs, Brisket, and BBQ based out of Wilmington, NC continues their expansion by announcing a signed deal with Cynergetic LLC to continue their growth in Florida. They currently six locations under development in the state. This new deal will bring the total commitment in Florida to over 115 Charlie Graingers locations. Charlie Graingers Franchising LLC has secured over 350 locations all over the southeast from Florida to Virginia
- J. Gumbo’s Cajun and Creole cuisine is growing with new franchisees to open in Michigan, New Mexico, North Carolina, Ohio, and Pennsylvania. The five new restaurants will be located in Kalamazoo, Mich. Albuquerque, N.M., Cincinnati, Ohio, Cranberry Township, Pa. (near Pittsburgh) and Harrisburg, N.C. (near Charlotte).
Checkers & Rally’s In the first eight months of 2016, the brand inked deals with 45 new franchisees to date in addition to 42 new franchisees in 2015. The new franchisees are approved for 200 new sites on top of the already 139 approved sites in the restaurant pipeline. This pipeline represents a significant 40 percent growth of the Checkers & Rally’s franchise system. Additionally, Checkers & Rally’s is celebrating its fifth consecutive year of same-store sales growth system wide – an achievement that has consistently beat out the average for the hamburger quick-service restaurant category.
That's a look at the latest round up of announcements for franchise restaurant growth and multi unit deals around the country. For a look at the latest franchise restaurants for sale by the restaurant brokers, click this link.