It has all been leading up to this day! As of 9AM EST TODAY, you can register your account at www.restaurants.sba.gov. Applications are accepted starting at 12 noon EST on Monday.
Here is the timing of what you need to do and put together to apply for the $28.6 Million in Relief funds available for restaurant owners.
Today - Friday – April 30 9 AM – Register online at this link or navigate to www.restaurants.sba.gov
Saturday and Sunday – May 1 May 2 – Review the application form (available at this link). Prepare the documents you need and save them in a PDF, JPG, GIFF, TIFF or PING file format.
Monday – May 3 12 Noon (EST) – Apply ONLY one of three ways.
- Online at restaurants.sba.gov
- Through your POS system if you use Clover, Toast, Square or Aloha
- By phone – call the SBA Helpline at 1-844-279-8898 for instructions
- Use a secure Internet Connection.
- Use the following supported browsers:
- Chrome, Firefox, Safari, Chrome-based Edge (Internet Explorer is NOT supported)
- Save a copy of your application once you apply
- We believe you will get a docusign document to sign upon submission. Look for this document and sign it electronically.
- The money will go directly into the bank account you enter during the application process.
Wait time – Anticipate a turnaround of 14 days after they begin processing. They will not process any applications except those of Priority Groups in the first 21 days.
Remember that in the first 21 days, only the Priority Groups will be processed but apply immediately – on day 1, even if you are not prioritized.
The two tables below lay out exactly what you need in order to apply. If you are permanently closed; you do not qualify. If you have questions, you can contact the SBA at their hotline -- 1-844-279-8898.
- If you miss the step of signing, dating and certifying your P&L, the application will be kicked back.
- If you use a P&L rather than a tax return or POS report, you may experience a delay in review beyond 14 days
Best of luck to all of our friends in the industry. We are hopeful all of you will get this important funding.