Restaurant Broker vs. Business Broker
Finding the Right Restaurant Broker
A good restaurant broker will help you navigate through the whole process, from setting an accurate sales price to marketing your business and closing the deal. Here are some tips for finding the right restaurant broker:
- Research potential brokers in your area – this could include conducting interviews, looking at reviews and social media presence.
- Look for someone who has experience with selling restaurants specifically, as opposed to more general real estate experience.
- Make sure you feel comfortable talking with them and that they understand your needs and goals for selling the restaurant.
- Research the brokerage they represent. Are they an independent restaurant broker, or part of a larger brand? Obtain references from previous clients or review testimonials so that you can gauge their level of customer service and success rates in selling restaurants similar to yours.
- Ensure that any contract you sign outlines all services provided clearly including what type of marketing efforts will be used and how much commission will be charged – make sure everything is in writing!
- Take time to review their proposal before signing on – make sure it aligns with your expectations for selling your restaurant and offers satisfactory terms for both parties involved in the transaction.
Download and save our free Seller's Checklist to use while you are searching for the right person to sell your restaurant.
Restaurant Owners Trust Certified Restaurant Brokers to Sell Their Business
Finding the right restaurant broker can not only save you time but also money. We Sell Restaurants produces the only Certified Restaurant Brokers in the nation who are uniquely equipped to assist restaurant owners exit their restaurant business successfully. Our process and expertise Find a Certified Restaurant Broker® near you to speak with one of our experts about selling your restaurant!
Robin Gagnon, Certified Restaurant Broker®, MBA, CBI, CFE is the co-founder of We Sell Restaurants and industry expert in restaurant sales and valuation. Named by Nation’s Restaurant News as one of the “Most Influential Suppliers and Vendors” to the restaurant industry, her articles and expertise appear nationwide in QSR Magazine, Franchising World, Forbes, Yahoo Finance, and BizBuySell. She is the co-author of Appetite for Acquisition, an award-winning book on buying restaurants.